The Palm Beach MPO provides support for Palm Beach County’s airports including Palm Beach International Airport (PBI), which is represented by Palm Beach County Commissioners appointed to the Palm Beach MPO Governing Board, and by staff representatives on the MPO’s Technical Advisory Committee. To view a presentation by the Palm Beach County Dept. of Airports to the MPO Governing Board in June 2016, click here.
- Passenger Airlines and General Aviation:
- PBI serves both airlines and general aviation aircraft. The airport has a 24 hour control tower and a U.S. Customs & Immigration port of entry facility
- PBI handles most of Palm Beach County's imported and exported air freight
- General Aviation Only:
- Located in the northern part of the county and serves as a designated reliever for PBI. It serves both reciprocating engine and jet aircraft and provides easy access to the Florida Research Park, Jupiter and Palm Beach Gardens
- Located in Lantana, FL, approximately six miles south of PBI. It is a reliever airport focusing on the general aviation reciprocating engine and turbine driven aircraft, while jet aircraft are prohibited.
- Multiple flight schools are located at LAN for both fixed wing aircraft and helicopters.
- Located in the western part of the county, adjacent to Lake Okeechobee.Designated as the county's general aviation recreational and sport flying airport.
- Designated for parachute operations.
- Offers a less congested airport for recreational / sport aeronautical operations.
- Several executive/ small regional airports are also located in Palm Beach County