The Palm Beach MPO has provided transportation planning and allocated federal funding for an extensive network of roadways throughout Palm Beach County. Current areas of emphasis are the following:
- Complete construction of new, prioritized roadways such as S.R. 7 to Northlake Blvd.
- Use of technology to enhance traffic signal operations to more efficiently move traffic.
- Study and fund implementation of express bus lanes to more efficiently move buses and encourage the use of transit to replace vehicles on local roadways.
- Redesign existing roadways in need of maintenance to provide for bicycle and pedestrian facilities.
- Promote “complete streets” as a policy and provide public education on the concept.
Please view the Cost Feasible section of the Directions 2040 Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) for more information.